Sunday, May 22, 2011

In the desert for a while...

Just to get the statement out of the way, I haven't blogged in quite some time.  There, it's said and we can move on.
I'm sick this morning.  Pretty sure I have a fever, my throat's feeling like someone inflated it, my whole head is congested, and I'm all sore.  
So, I'm not at church.
The plus side to this is that I don't have to cough/sneeze/blow my nose/look terrible around all those nice folks who just want to hear the choir sing.
The minus side is that I'm missing worship time with God, fellowship with people I love, I'm home alone, and I feel gross.
This doesn't seem like a great morning, and perhaps it isn't.  The redeeming factors are that I've been listening to worship songs off of my sister's laptop and feeling connected with God even though I have to frequently blow my nose in the middle of it.  I also ate yogurt with blueberries - it didn't have much flavor to me, but it was sustenance.  
I love Desert Song - by Hillsong.  It's definitely my current favorite worship song.  I love songs that acknowledge that we praise God in every circumstance because He is God; our situation doesn't change who He is.  
here are the lyrics:
Verse 1:
This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides

Verse 2:
And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames

Chorus:
And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain

I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

Verse 3:
And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

Bridge:
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

Verse 4:
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be empited again
The seed I've recieved I will sow

As you can tell - the congestion in my head is making it difficult to string thoughts all together.  
I'll blog again when I'm completely whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment