Things are so crazy this time of year. I think the real purpose behind giving us an extra day off before thanksgiving is to make us slow down and get thankful. It's so easy for me to go through my day rushed and anxiety-ridden, only thinking of my problems and the unknowns in my life. If only I turned to praise Gos in those times instead of being a crabby, anxious, on-the-edge-of-depression mess!
Right now, before I can start my quiet time, I'm going to name 50 things I'm thankful for. And i'll name 50 more tomorrow.
1. My sister's return home safe
2. Reconciliation where I thought it would never happen
3. My creative outlets
4. God's faithfulness to forgive me all the times I stray and lose my focus on Him.
5. My loving and wonderful family and extended family
6. Music to lift my spirits
7. Opportunities to make money
8. Encouragement
9. Blankets
10. My chiropractor
11. My music-making abilities
12. The mentors God has placed in my life
13. Painful, broken experiences that teach me lessons that wholeness couldn't teach
14. Pencils and paper
15. My teachers at school
16. God's guidance in everything
17. That Granddaddy is in Heaven with his Savior
18. Warm scarves
19. Clean laundry
20. A warm house
21. Chances to speak up and stand up for what's right
22. Entertaining experiences with my dear friends
23. My health
24. That my stomach problems have been getting better
25. Making the 18s team for volleyball
26. My church family
27. My grandma
28. Salvation from myself and my sin
29. A red phone to God: prayer
30. Chances to serve on mission trips
31. Opportunity to take college courses early
32. My blog :)
33. Warm clothes
34. People who take a stand and don't care what people think
35. Clearance racks
36. Deodorant
37. Hope that someday the right guy will come along
38. Brains
39. Wisdom God generously gives to those who ask
40. Books :) being able to read them and own them
41. Jonathan
42. Food that is always readily accessible to me
43. Abort73 and it's ministry and the ministry in India that my Art2Heart stuff goes to
44. That my close call didn't become a car wreck
45. Sweatpants
46. Garbagemen
47. All those who have influenced me into becoming the woman i am
48. My beating heart
49. Answered prayer
50. YOU!
<3 you Ashley... I hope you have such a blessed day. so so thankful for you!
ReplyDeleteI'm thankful for you. :) Thanks for being great. LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete