Sunday, November 7, 2010

My hands smell like celery.

Day after day Your love will remain faithful and true. You are good. You are good. You are God with us, You're victorious, You are strong and mighty to save. For Your word stands true. There is none like You, and when all else fades, You remain.
O great and might One, with one desire we come: that Yiu would reign, that You would reign in us. Were offering up our lives, a living sacrifice.

I spent an evening worshiping with Starfield and hearing the campus pastor of Bethel, Laurel, speak about being radical.
It was one o those worship experiences where I wished thy I wasn't standing by a sort of awkward youth intern that I don't know super well, but rather by myself, or Ina bubble that rendered me invisible.
Do not misunderstand: I am not ashamed to passionately worship my savior.
Perhaps it's my critical and sort of judgmental nature, but I see so many people my age who worship with arms raised and eyes shut tight and mind thinking about how many peoe think they're holy. I don't want my worship to be perceived as ingenuine! I wish I could have been in an invisibility bubble so that I could focus better, worship abandonedly, yet still hear the thousands of other voices singing with mine, still feel the bassline reverberating in my chest... Essentially, all I'm asking for is the perfect worship environment where inhibitions and fakeness don't exist.
I love praising God. But I wish I could do it in the perfect setting.
I'm looking forward to heaven.

1 comment:

  1. this made me smile my friend :). i love real and true worship... but honestly it takes the right kind of worship..... know what you mean. love you and thanks for the fun day!

    ReplyDelete