Monday, January 3, 2011

exhaustion begins with bad choices

I stayed up far too late on NYE.  5am, to be nearly exact.
Catching up on sleep is extremely difficult, considering that only so many naps can be taken in one day.  (I usually only get away with one before someone gets angry with me.)  To add to the sleepy attitude, I had a rather difficult time getting to sleep and staying comatose last night.
To illustrate my point I'm going to divulge to you that I just spent five minutes after typing that last sentence staring at my screen.... forgetting what I was doing and wondering what to type next.
Cyberworld, Ashley needs a nap.
I actually need to return to Christmas break and make some choices better... like going to bed at 7pm instead of 11pm.  I could be so peppy right now!  I think I get more anxious when I'm more tired as well.
To tell you the truth, I'm afraid of being tired.  I'm scared of not having enough energy to be happy while I complete physical activities.  For this reason, my late night volleyball practices are enough to make my stomach hurt at just the thought of them.
GET OVER IT, ASHLEY!
It's easier said than done, I'm sure.  But either way, I (sit and stare at screen for 3 minutes) would like to just be able to not get worked up over dumb things.  I wish things like a 2 hour practice didn't get me all in a tizzy. Tournaments do that too.  I have to remind myself that every experience is temporary, that I won't be in this situation forever.  Sometimes that reminder makes me savor the moments, and other times it is a comfort that I won't have to engage in a particular activity for all eternity.

I just have to say that I'm so sick of Barack Obama.

That being said, I do believe that an early bedtime is in order for Ash tonight.
Good night, dear friends.
I'm so out-of-it.

1 comment:

  1. yay you blogged! umm you need sleep. fun hanging out with you :). love you.

    ReplyDelete