Sunday, January 23, 2011

Reminders

This week has been full of reminders for me.  I suppose the first was when Mrs. Butler REMINDED us that we needed to be "good stewards" of the hallways.  (aka, don't leave your backpack or books in the middle of the hallway... a reminder I didn't need.) The other reminders I have received, however, are more noteworthy.
1. My testimony may not be flashy; I wasn't delivered out of substance abuse problems, I was not an atheist, just going to a plastic surgeon when a heart transplant was really what was needed, but when God asks me to share it, I had darn well better do it!  I am encouraged by hearing people's stories of heartfelt, genuine redemption by our great and majestic Savior, and if that was the only outcome, it was a worthy endeavor.  Plus, it REMINDED me of my story, that God is my source of life, and that I like to talk into microphones... a little too much.
2. I was subsequently REMINDED how much I adore Jane Eyre.  Seriously, the woman speaks so eloquently, but at the same time, she speaks simply.  I can't really decribe it.  She uses sophisticated vocabulary to express sophisticated feelings and musings.  I want to be her.  And I also see a lot of myself in her view of herself and her emotions.
3.  In addition to that, I was REMINDED that the reason why I love to read is because I make emotional connections with the characters.  That's why I didn't like 1984.  The chracters in that book don't feel, so I didn't have any connection with them, and consequently disliked the book. 
4.  I was REMINDED that friendships are meant to be mutually satisfying and mutually beneficial.  If it's not like that, it's not a friendship, it's a pityship - and it's going to sink. 
5. I was also reminded how many fun, grounded, hilarious, and practical friends I have.  Just thinking about spending time with those gals on Friday night makes my heart swell up :)  Love you, ladies. 
6. I was also REMINDED that when I live my life truly worshipping God in every area of my life, in all my activities, I am far more joyful, and my relationship with God flourishes.  I always knew that was the way it was meant to be, but these past few weeks the knowledge travelled from my head to my heart, and thus lit up my life! 
These are my REMINDERS, and instead of tieing a string around my toe, I blogged so you could be reminded as well.
G'night folks.

2 comments:

  1. Great reminders! Did you share your testimony in school? Is that what the microphone part references?
    As to wanting to be Jane Eyre - you and me both. A friend told me tonight that she just got a book for her birthday entitled "How to Be a Hepburn in a Hilton World" and I think we need to read it! It might as well be "How to Be an Eyre..."
    Love you and your writings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shared it in youth group! I've been feeling God tell me that I need to take more of a leadership role in our youth group, so I told Teresa that and we talked about some things, and I kind of started by sharing my testimony.
    That sounds like a great book! I'll have to see if the library has it!
    I love you too, and thanks for lovingmy writing:) means so much to me, really.

    ReplyDelete