Today, the girls played the guys (who outnumbered us) in an intense soccer game and lost... grand total of 10-3... But we're calling a rematch via facebook (everyone's changing their statuses at 6). So it's on like donkey kong! We'll have our more serious game faces on tomorrow. It's our last chance to have something to rub in their faces. which we really want. badly. so badly that we're all wearing matching black, black, and black tomorrow and gettin' our game faces on.
Wouldn't it be great if we could do that everytime we lost a "battle"? You know how you always think of the perfect argument after you've lost your chance? Redos are a fabulous thing. And I could seriously use some more of them. or a rewind button.
Unfortunately, life doesn't provide us with one of those. So all we've got is God's forgiveness. Wait, did I say, "all we've got"? I mean, all we need. yes, all we need. Even if we could do things over, we'd still need God's forgiveness, so really it's all we need. To rewind means that we would be living in the past, dwelling on our mishaps and failures. the times we miss the mark. come up short. God wants us to live in the present, choosing what's right in the here and now.
And that's what I intend to do.
yes, I will mess up.
But I will move forward, pressing on to the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. because God forgives me.
And even though I've kind of just given the case for not doing redos.... IT'S ON, boys! And we're winning this time. We've just got more passion for this.
No comments:
Post a Comment