Saturday, June 19, 2010

Car trips.... A mixed emotional experience

I have a love/hate relationship with car trips. To be fitting with the title of my blog, I'll start with the positives.
I love:
-being forced to finish some great books that I've started... There's nothing else to distract me, no more important tasks to accomplish.
- I have time to be introspective. I just sit and stare out the window listening to my iPod and thinking about the lyrics, my life, my Jesus. Of course, van rides on the mission trip were slightly different... More like insanity on wheels. But that's irrelevant right now.
- I love spending quality time with my family... Even though sometimes that turns into a negative. But that doesn't belong in this section; I'll get to it later.
Now for the hate part of it.... Well okay hate is a strong word.
I highly dislike:
-the fact that car trips do NOT agree with my stomach. I don't know why, but they hate me.
- being stuck in a box with my family (whom I love) for at least twelve hours at a time. Somehow, we find ways to push each others' buttons until we don't enjoy being together until we've been fed.
- not being able to snag alone time.
Other than that, they're okay!
So we're in Ogallala, Nebraska. Sounds like a joke, doesn't it? And we're spending the night in a Holiday Inn Express that has super cushy beds :) I'll see if I can post a picture. ( even though only one of the three people who reads this is in town :D love you Rebs)
so while they go explore a workout facility I will stay here and spend some much needed filler-up time with my merciful Savior. Lord k owe I could use some patience and goodness right now. It's easier to be patient when you're alone... How ironic is that?

2 comments:

  1. Ashley, fun!!!! I love Holiday Inns :) post a picture!
    And I love you too, Ash bash. and I miss you sooo much.
    You and I will have to talk about patience when we see each other next... I just talked to someone today about that for a really long time, and I really like the topic :). anyway, safe travels and fun to you, my dear! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rebs :)) Haha, totally girl! I'm going to try to post one, we'll see if it works!!! Luv ya girlie :)

    ReplyDelete