Friday, June 25, 2010

On My Own

So now it's just me. The sole member of my family left to represent. At least until Wednesday. Anyways, so for anyone who cares, I've said goodbye to my granddaddy, or whats left of his earthly body, even though he is forever in my heart and memories... And I miss him everyday.
As for my other doings this past week, well that consisted mostly of just hanging out with my mom's side of the family. Mostly with my grandma and my mom's sister's family. My uncle's family went on day trips on their own alot. So we would hang out at the cabin, which is in the mountains of Colorado at 9000 feet above sea level. It's 62 years old and has been in my grandma's family for over 50 years. We feed chipmunks out of the palm of our hands there, play lots of board games (and poker this year-playing for starbursts... Such high stakes....), hiking (more on that later), and eating.
So the first hike we went on was on Wednesday. We hiked a trail hat went up to a lake on a peak. It was a steep climb for part of it, but it was only just under 2 miles one way so we still enjoyed the hike. I was tired afterwards hough, so when my dad and uncle suggested that we hike again the next day I was like, "fat chance." bu then they said that the guide book said that it was only 1.5 miles one way and that it wasn't as steep as Gem Lake.
Stupid guide book.
It was about three miles to the top. And the terrain was rocky and like climbing uneven stairs the entire way... That is, except for the half mile of boulder field at the top. It was just these huge rocks that sometimes weren't very stable and sometimes (well alot of times actually... Well, most times) it was difficult to find our footing to get to the next rock. Also it was very steep. And when we got to the almost top (you would have had to use climbing gear to get to the very summit... But we were about ten feet from it) we found a sheer dropoff from one of the edge. And my dad felt the need to stand right on the edge to get his picture taken. We hadn't brought lunch with us since we had expectedto be back in time for lunch.
We got back at 2:00.
And a shower NEVER sounded so good!
Anyways, so that's kind of been the bigthing occupying my time recently. And now I'm on the road with my cousins, aunt, uncle, and grandma, headed to my grandma's house to spend some time with her.
So now all that i've been thinking about lately... Just kidding, that'd take alot more space and time than my tired eyes will let me type.
My grandma has a thing about doing things for people. Like taking your plate and doing the
dishes and making sure you're comfy and warm and safe and happy every hour of every day. And I don't tens to like to accept people doing things for me like that. I mean, I'm not always the first one to jump up to make sure I get to do the dishes, but I let my pride get in the way alot when it comes to letting people help me. And letting them be nice to me, that is, unless it's my mom or sister. So this week I'm going to find a good balance between accepting her gift of loing help and care and being useful and serving her. I am just praying that God will tell me when to back off :)
either way, we're going to have a great time.
And I'm going to spend some time with Jesus now.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a wonderful trip so far :). I miss you greatly! And I hope you have a great time with your grandma! I wanna hear about it when you get back, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're cute. And yes that is Grandma. She's a servant at heart!

    ReplyDelete