I love my family. A lot. They are great people, and they love me. And we have great times together. And I love it when they're home. I love being with them.
But I also love it when I have the house to myself.
There's something soothing and relaxing about a completely silent house and hearing just the sound of my fingers rapidly clicking away at the keyboard. I find energy in solitude.
But I also find it in large groups of people whom I love.
This is what makes it hard for me when I'm trying to figure out if I'm an introvert or an extrovert. I think I'm an extrovert sometimes, but I totally need recharging alone after I'm with people for too long. But, then again, I love being with people and talking and talking and talking and hanging out. WHAT AM I????
Myers-Briggs typed me as an extrovert, but not overtly so. So, I don't really have any clue what I am. Not that it really matters that much, but I think the way that you perceive yourself influences how you're going to act. definitely.
Either way, I still love having the house to myself. Then, I love it when my family comes home too! I think being by myself helps me to appreciate them more. It's hard to fully appreciate even the most wonderful people if you're always around them.
Plus, I'm more motivated when I'm alone. i don't really get that. But it's true.
Anyways, regardless of my intro/extrovertness, I smell since I went for a run. I'll go take care of that so that I can get on to my productivity.
I don't think ANYBODY either wants to be alone or wants to be with people ALL THE TIME. Balance is good. You are an introverted extrovert... how bout that? :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you still love me even though you like the house quiet sometimes too :)
of course I love you! :) haha, how could I not?
ReplyDeletetrue that. balance makes the world go round. Thanks for helping my type my personality. It was giving me a complex.