Thursday, June 17, 2010

Short, Sweet, To-The-Point

So, I was just thinking that I'm never going to post something as long as my last post ever again.  But I wanted to share my thoughts.  to prove that I have been thinking since my awesome experience in Tennessee.  I've started painting the leaf that God gave me.  and I'm looking for ways to serve in my home and environment around me.  I want to find ways to serve that don't give me an opportunity to get recognized for it. Cuz let's face it, that's just really awkward, when someone thanks you for serving.  There's a guy at my church who has the sweetest heart and always says thank you when I play keys and as nice as the sentiment is, I hate having to respond to that.  For one thing, it's no big deal...  I mean, it's not even half an hour out of my week.  AndI enjoy playing.  But he always says thank you.  ALWAYS.
There is something to be said for making people feel appreciated so that they will continue to serve in the church, but what if no one NEEDed that recognition?  Our churches would be so much more focused on God and worship.  I feel like we'd be more effective.  I think I've read a quote about that somewhere, like "we get alot more done when we're not worried about who gets the credit" or something like that.
hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment