Friday, October 8, 2010

Highlights. Lowlights.

We'll just say I've had a full week. I got to breakfast with one of my buds on Tuesday morning, which seemed to be settin the tone great for the day. It did. BUT then in the middle of Bible out of no where I was just sitting there reading my Bible while s guy was giving his presentation/sermon when a huge wave of nausea came over me and I couldn't see and there was this buzzing in my ears.
Basically how you feel before you pass out. Actually, exactly how you feel before you pass out. So i turned around to Rebe, and told her (I probably sounded so pathetic) then turned around again thinking that maybe it would go away. I had no clue what to do!
Anyways, long story short, dear sweet girl walked me down to the nurse and sat by me while I lay on the bed for almostan hour. So the plus side is I got to be blessed by a good friend.
Minus side: it sucked.
Anyways, the second half of the week was spiritual life week so we ha chapel twice a day and sang awesome worship songs. Then, just like every year, we gathered in the library to share how God worked in us either this week or recently. I always sit there during this thinking, "the people who share really want attention. I have nohing good to share. I don't want people to honk I'm just attention-seeking" and that keeps my butt glued to the seat.
I've read somewhere that the more imes we say no to God the less he asks. That was somewhere in the back of my head
So I sat there for a few minutes thinking I had nohin to share because God hadn't given me a stomachache like he usually does when he wants me to do something.
But then I asked him (hoping his answer was no) if he had anything he wanted me to share.
BAM. he did. I cannot describe the intensity of conviction I felt. I literally felt his prompting coursing through my veins. It was a clear statement tha I was no loner to sit on my butt and pretend God wasn't working in my life.
So I shared.
And I think it was worth it. I hate feeling like people will misjudge my intentions, but I guess that's God's business, right?

3 comments:

  1. So, for those of us who had to leave early for soccer and therefore didn't get to hear what you shared, can we also be informed about what God has been doing in your life? I know He is working, I see it almost daily. :)
    Love love love.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with kate I wanna hear what you said! love you ashy... you amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of you. Someone needed to hear what you shared! I love you Ashley!

    ReplyDelete