Sunday, October 10, 2010

Let's get real, folks.

I spent part of my weekend with some very fake people.  You know how I can tell?  They live a life that they can't keep up consistently.  In differnet circumstances they are different people.  Not just acting differently, almost completely opposite in character. 
And that's not really anything I want to be, nor do I crave their approval. 
It was just a reminder to me that I am approved by God and not by people (especially those who have little that is genuine or real about them).  And that I really want to be genuine in my life, genuinely godly, friendly, and caring. 
Now that I've said all that about being real... I've decided what color I want to dye my hair!
Ironic, isn't it?  Anyways, since I'm not real excited about the shade mi pelo becomes in the winter, I'm dying it ------
(drumroll please.....)
AUBURN!  I'm so pumped.  And it wouldn't have been even a consideration if I hadn't gone to Target today and been unable to resist complimenting the cashier on her gorgeous hair color.  It was the most beautiful hair color I have ever seen, a darker auburn.  And it was natural!  so gorgeous.  And just in my defense for not sticking with my natural color (which I do love in all seasons where I can be outside) I'm only dying it demi-permanently.  so no worries!  I'll be back to blonde eventually :)
That being said, there was a request (sounds so weird to say that when three people read my blog, but...)  to hear what I shared in the chapel...  I'm not sure I remember exactly what I said, but I'll summarize.
I've been struggling lately with the question Is God enough for me?  And even though I know He is, it's been a struggle for me to live like it.  So I've been clinging to this verse to remind me where my strength and life comes from, Psalm 73:23-24, "Whom have I in Heaven but you?  And earth has nothing I desire besides you.  My flesh and my heart may fail, but GOD is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."  Because really, when it comes down to it, I'm just weak and unable to supply any of my needs, physical, emotional, spiritual, relational... and God can!  In more ways and in greater supply than I could ever dream.

It was basically just what I've been learning over this past year.  What I blogged about after the mission trip... my leaf that Jesus gave me, my painting, all that.  GOD is my source of life, more than enough for me, and I am a fool to forget it.
Thank you, Lord, that even when I get lazy or overconfident in my abilities or fear what people will think of me when I do what you ask of me or think it's inconvenient to follow you, you pursue me.  Me, a weak and many times faithless little girl.  And you show me what you want for me, that it's so much better than the life I've planned out for myself. 
Keep guiding me, Lord.  Never let go of my hand.  Use superglue. 

1 comment:

  1. hahaha i can just imagine you @ target complimenting the lady like every two seconds. anyway, ungenuine people annoy me.
    and lady... that makes me happy that you are so real and that you talk about stuff like that :). and wrestle with real questions we deal with. i love you and superglue hold all.

    ReplyDelete