My day consider of the good, the bad, and the ugly. But since this is "Cogitations of an Optimist" rather than "Moanings of a Pessimist" we're going to look at the pretty side of the ugly and the good side of the bad. And then we'll finish up with the good... Just like dessert.
The BAD:
-a specific annoying teacher who treats the class with contempt under the guise of respect. And doesn't explain things properly. The PLUS: I get an opportunity to practice patience, being kind to those who I'd rather slap and say, "You make me SO ANGRY!", and learn to cope with unlikable people.
The UGLY: my back hurts. The PLUS is that it'll be temporary. And I gt to go to the chiropractor tomorrow.
All right,now for the GOOD:
- getting to brighten someone's day by providing an empathetic ear and encouraging words
- donuts.
-tortellini with Alfredo sauce... FOR FREE!
- spending two class periods in the computer lab (one looking up college essays and one trying to find reasons to drop the atomic bomb on Japan... Thank goodness there are so many reasons!)
- getting to condition for 5 minutes in volleyball
- good smelling conditioner and soft hair
- experiencing the joy offered by an hour playing Jonathan to my heart's content. (Jonathan is my guitar/boyfriend)
- clean laundry
- a retreat and day off from school to look forward to
- really great people in my life showing me Gods goodness every day.
- knowing that there are people looking out for me (really neat story there; it almost made me cry!)
- dressing up for school because I can
- curly hair
- getting high school credit for spending an hour painting a butterfly
- frosted animal cookies (Rebs, we need to get more! Were nearing the end of our bag!)
- high fives
- feeling happy
- when people who make the day awkward get sick and don't come to school (not that I'm happy that they're sick... Just glad to avoid awkwardness)
- cupcakes
- GOING TO BED EARLY!
- watching smallville (but we finished the season and now we don't have the next one!)
Okay;I think that's about all I can stand to type. I was reading about melody today in PSEO, and my friend lead a devo about being in harmony. I'm just contemplating what that means. In harmony. Not that I do exactly what everyone else does, but that what I do enhances what they present as their life effort. My tune and theirs mix together to form something beautiful.
A blend.
And now, I'm going to bed.
Big smile. Like it all :-) You had a good day :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteashyyyy! you just make me happy. i love this. and ashy i wanna hear the story that made you cry!
ReplyDelete