Sometimes I feel like I'm a collage. My personality, that is. That people have stuck pieces of what they want me to be together on top of me. Then they cemented it with Mod Podge. And I let them.
I let them.
It's hard to get Mod Podge off.
But it can be done, and it will be done. I am not who they push me to be. I am who God created me to be. The mirror in bathroom now reads "who are you?" right above where I see my face. I am discovering who God created me to be because sometimes the person I act like isn't who I am, who I want to be, or who He wants me to be.
I am a work in progress. A collage being taken apart to form a more beautiful and true picture of my character and personality.
The one who started a good work in me will keep working on it until the day of Jesus.
Not sure when that is, but either way, I've got the promise. And I'm holding God to that.
beautifully written & you go girl. i love you, and you are as sweet as can be.
ReplyDeleteWow, that's insightful. I like the mod podge idea... it's a fitting analogy.
ReplyDeleteHere's a quote for you: "Everything about the way God designed you is not only perfectly pretty, its part of his perfect plan.... You were God's idea." (Andrea Stephens) That was on my daily calendar :) You were God's idea!
I like that Brooke! And thanks, Rebe :) I love you two girls!
ReplyDelete