I've been holding on so tight.
Look at these knuckles-they've gone white.
I'm fighting for who I wanna be.
I'm just trying to find security.
But you say let it go,
You say let it go.
You say life is waiting for the ones who lose control.
You say you will be everything I need.
You say if I lose my life it's then I'll find my soul.
I thought he was one thing. He wasn't, and he proved to be even less than I credited him for.
So I let go... Of his hand.
I've still been holding on with my heart.
Not that I love him or have even kind regards, but I haven't been able to let go.
It is apparent to me that now is the time, however. I need to just open up my fist and be free. It seems that I've been holding myself captive to him. I had the key to my cell the whole time and never realized it.
Til now.
I'm breaking out of this prison and living the life that God intends for me to live, free from bondage.
I'm so ready for this.
No comments:
Post a Comment