I'm one of the many people who has the disease of perfectionism. For me, it's not in making everything I do perfect, but doing it in the perfect way, like the method has to be perfect. flawless. So then I'm not responsible for any mishaps, because I did it perfectly.
And that, my dear reader, is exhausting.
But then I somehow possess amazing time management skills.
How that happened, I have no idea.
It's funny, I was thinking while my pastor was talking about how perfectionism wears us out when we should just rest in God's grace, I'll work on that. Get the irony? I'll work on not being a perfectionist? How dumb does that sound?
I was reading in Matthew 5 yesterday, where it says that when someone slaps you you're supposed to turn the other cheek. And that is definitely applicable to me right now. Definitely. I was just trying to think of ways in which I could do that. I think one way where I can is by not even responding to attacks and by treating those who hurt me like I treat everyone else - maybe even better.
Even though I'd like to give them a piece of my noggin... a heaping big piece.
The last thing I'm thinking about (well, not the last, but it's the last I'll mention) is something I remembered from a book I read, or maybe someone just said this to me, "When you are comfortable in yourself, you invite others to be themselves around you." That is the type of person I want to be... not awkwardly trying to be something I'm not, but resting in who God made me to be and, in the process, inviting others to do the same. Instead of being insecure and passing that fever around, I choose to be secure that I am who I am in Jesus Christ.
Now, let's WIN, Vikings!!!
you are such a beautiful person, ashley.
ReplyDeletei love you as a friend.
i'm so excited to hang out with youuuu.
i love free wi fi when kids are asleep.
andddd i'll see you soon.
andnnnnnddddd goooo vikkkessss!!!!!!