Tuesday, September 28, 2010

bad taste.

Today I don't feel like an optimist.
I feel like a depressimist. 
I am well aware of the fact that that is not a word, but it fits.  I was just about to list all the things that have gone wrong today, but I know that won't help my situation at all. 
God is faithful, even when I refuse to recognize it.  And that sort of faithfulness deserves recognition!
So, if it kills me, I'm going to list 25 things that went RIGHT today, blessings that God sent my way, grace that I definitley didn't deserve.
#25 - I got a kill in our game
#24 - a dear, sweet, wonderful friend gave me a back rub in Bible class
#23 - someone opened the office for me when it was locked and I needed to turn in my PSAT form
#22 - my mom bought dayquil, cough drops, and sudafed to help wiht my impending cold
#21 - I got lots done in PSEO and found out I'm just a little bit behind
#20 - Even though I got up a little later than usual, I had plenty of time to get ready
#19 - I got home early from our game, so I can get in bed at a decent time
#18 - I'm pretty sure that Adam Young from Owl City was at our volleyball game with the teacher who he is dating.
#17 - no homework!
#16 - A fun independent writing period with Liz
#15 - got a 10/10 on my math homework, plus the bonus problem!
#14 - got the location settled for formal, so one less thing to plan!
#13 - got to talk about demon-possession in Bible, always an interesting subject
#12 - didn't wear much makeup and felt just fine :)
#11 - bloody nose stopped just in time for the game
#10 - Understanding sig figs in chemistry
#9 - butternut squash soup for dinner
#8 - didn't forget to bring socks to the game
#7 - had time to blog thoroughly
#6 - I have a stash of dark chocolate in my room that I can devour
#5 - got to wear sweats to school
#4 - my mom reminded me that we had chocolate zucchini muffins in the fridge for breakfast
#3 - I successfully inside out braided my hair
#2 - I had time to read the House on Mango Street
#1 - Jesus is faithful to provide for me, and He understands everything!
whew.  that was harder than it looks.  and it tooks forever.
I feel slightly better.  I think I need to go to bed.
Dear friends, sleep well and count your blessings tonight.  You are one of mine :)

2 comments:

  1. You, my friend, are impressive and encouraging. Love that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you & i am so proud that you can turn negative into positive (:

    ReplyDelete