Friday, August 20, 2010

Feels Good To Be Informed

I'd just like to start out by giving you a little bit of background on my history with politics and current events.  Ever since I can remember, when I would sit in the backseat of our green Dodge Caravan in my car seat, my mom would have the radio on.  Rush Limbaugh, Paul Harvey, and Doctor Laura were the speakers who talked to me all day.
I used to imitate Paul Harvey when he said, "Paul Harvey... good day!"  (I have continued the habit of imitating people throughout my life...  something I thoroughly enjoy trying to do.)
Anyways, so I've been listening to talk radio since before I was born.  Over the years, the aforementioned speakers along with Joe Soucheray and the Rookie on Garage Logic, Jason Lewis... before he was simulcasted, Laura Ingraham, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity (and more) have infiltrated my thinking sphere.
I've always been pretty well-versed in political speak.
I get in the car after school, and my mom will have our local conservative talk radio station on.  When  I get in at 3:00 Sean Hannity is using that great New York accent to talk with bozos and people who think he's a "great American".  And he'll usually mention the Freedom Concert... depending on the time of year.
Then, later Jason Lewis (our very own Minnesotan) comes on.  I have to say, I'm proud that he is broadcasted all over the country.  It makes me feel like Minnesota did SOMETHING right politically.  (Minnesota tends to vote liberally in election years.)
Lately a few different factors have contributed to me not hearing as much talk radio.
1) sometimes it makes me feel like I'm developing an ulcer.  Because people are idiots sometimes and they call in to reinforce that fact.  Some people just choose not to listen to facts and common sense when it proves them wrong.  And it makes me feel like America, the last best hope, is going down the tubes.  (but then I remember that God is in control and it's all right!)
2) I have my license now.  And I forget about listening to talk radio in the car...  then again, maybe it's a good thing I don't.  It'd probably make me speed and not think about the road in my anger about PBO's absurd policies and stances.
3) It's summer.  And I don't get picked up from school very often.  Well, actually, volleyball has begun now, so I do get picked up from school after my exhausting four hour practices.  But usually I'm so tired that I don't notice what's on the radio, and I instead fill my mom in on the horrors of conditioning.  and what else is sore that day.
This morning, when I came into the kitchen to eat my English muffin and drink my coffee (something I can only do like once a week now), my sister was reading the FoxNews website.  So she read some stuff to me while I ate.  We discussed North Korea and their stringent internet laws over breakfast.
This is not typical of teenagers.
It's pretty typical for us.  Once we wake up (meaning, get out of bed and get over that initial...  "where am i?  and why did I have to get up?  who are you?  and why are you talking to me?" we are fairly intelligent creatures.
So, I read this post on FoxNews that was essentially a letter to Mr. Obama asking him where his decency is. And why he spends his time commenting on things that don't really matter to his constituents.  But the main point was why he didn't have the common sense to look into who wants to build the mosque at Ground Zero and who's funding it.  And if that was a consistent action, to let them build it.  (apparently, there is an Orthodox church that was very near Ground Zero and present before the 9/11 attacks, and they aren't being given permission ti RE-build yet.  Let me look at my calendar... these people have been waiting 9 YEARS and they can't rebuild their church??? That doesn't sound like America to me.)
If I thought it would help, I would send our President a letter asking him how building a mosque at Ground Zero honors the 3,000 people who died there.
But it wouldn't help.  Mr. Obama has shown through his track record that he cares little for anyone's comments that disagree with him.  We should have seen something radical like this coming.  He puts up this ridiculous front of "we treat everyone in America equal" when that's not what it's about at all!
Let's pretend that the CEO of Coca-cola assassinated the President and his family, and even though everyone knew who did it, they could never find the CEO. (no, that isn't wishful thinking.  I don't want him dead... just out of power!) And then, let's say 10 years after it happened, they wants to build a coca-cola factory honoring the CEO and talking about his life where people can take free tours a block away from where it happened.  Now, I know that's not an exactly similar situation, but it's the same concept.
Two-faced as he is, he would likely say that "Coca-cola has the freedom to build their factories wherever they like.  We treat people equally here in America."
Bull.
And another thing that's bull is the fact that he says he treats everyone equally... wouldn't that include taking all citizens opinions at least into consideration?
and not just William Ayers and his radical friends' ideas?
now, what do you have to say to THAT, Mr. President?

No comments:

Post a Comment