Thursday, August 26, 2010

It's been far too long.

Since I last posted, I:

  • met the new guy in our class from Kansas.  
  • talked to my mom about going to the chiropractor for my TMJ.
  • played lots of volleyball
  • went through the ringer
  • ate a lot
  • didn't sleep enough
  • wondered exactly where my life is headed
  • re-thought some things
  • learned to appreciate some people
  • realized I have two days left with my sister at home
There's been a lot more than just that going on, but that's a summary.   
Outside the open windows of my kitchen the sun's shining. You know sometimes it beats down rays on you, but today it's shining.  A true shine.  There's a whispering breeze blowing.  Humidity finally got the hint that we didn't want it here.  The allergens aren't bad, and I have the afternoon off from volleyball.  
I couldn't have better weather.  
Today is the day to get school supplies, read Great Expectations more, tan, get started on my PSEO, and BLOG!
I've just been too tired or forgotten to write in the past four days.  And I know, it's inexcusable!  We've got a goal to get to, people!  I think it's 23 left after this one, which means I need to blog again tonight.  I'm sure I'll have plenty to write about.
Recently, God has been reenforcing in me the message that singleness is what is best for me right now.
Over the summer, I started giving value to having a relationship that were unrealistic and not true.  I had myself convinced that even though singleness was in the plan, having a bf would be more fulfilling and fun for me.
I know that some people can manage a relationship that is both meaningful and fun during high school, but I'm pretty sure we couldn't.  So, God has been showing me that I am meant to be alone... at least for awhile.  
Now, on to shower, lunch, and school supplies shopping. :)

1 comment:

  1. love this love you. miss this miss you. see you soon babe :).

    ReplyDelete