Sassy is me, apparently.
I'm not sure if this 5-year-old (who has a lisp) was trying to say, Ashley, but it turned out Sassy.
So Sassy I am.
Today, I came downstairs at work to find a bunch of kids jamming to the soundtrack of Alvin and the Chipmunks. And I decided I could like that.
I'm going to miss my job. I've gotta say it. At many times as I have to tell 2-year-olds not to throw things and remind kids of our "inside voices" and run around in the sticky heat, I will miss it. It's weird to think that a few of these kids I might never see again. The baby, I most likely won't see again. I always think about inviting kids I watched to my wedding and seeing them again, but I don't think the O-man will remember me at all. (but he should! consider all the things I did for him) I babysit for a few of the kids, so I'll see them eventually, but there's that select few that may never pop up in my life again.
And I'd like to think that they'll remember me anyways. That I made some impact on their childhood days at Lisa's.
And tomorrow's my last chance to make any lasting impact on them. last day. ever.
As for today, however (since we live one day at a time) I'm going to make some headway on Great Expectations. I need to read at least four chapters before I put it down. Then I'm going to a free showing of "The Cubicle" at the Town Green in MG. I love free entertainment.
that is so sweet that she calls you sassy :). I hope your last day of work is amazing tomorrow! I love you and I love your heart for kids. I hope the cubicle was great too :)
ReplyDeletehaha, it was a HE! and by the way, you need to text me!
ReplyDelete