Sunday, July 18, 2010
Charles,Charles,Charles
So in my AP lit class that I'm taking this fall we have two assignments due the day after we come back from break. I get to read Great Expectations by Charles Dickens and The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I'm excited to read both because I've heard so much about them... And I just adore Charles Dickens' writing. Oliver Twist is one of my favorite books. If you haven't read it you should! Anyways I was just reading the little bio in my copy of great expectations and I said that Dickens' first marriage dissolved when he fell in love with another woman! And that just shocked me because he was a devout Christian. And now I don't know what to think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Isn't that sad? Not a very encouraging witness. But it's a reminder that even Christians sin... heck, Martin Luther HATED Jewish people. That's bad too! And he was a huge spiritual leader.
ReplyDeleteYou will love Great Expectations... don't let Charles Dickens' dissolved marriage ruin the book for you.