I love cramps. Because they are temporary pain. They go away within half an hour of taking Aleve. And they give me a rationale for eating the last cupcake ("I get it because I have CRAMPS!). I mean, they come back within a few hours, but I keep my system pumped with drugs.
If only all pain in life could be relieved with Aleve. I know people think that the pain can be by taking elicit substances, but it can only be temporarily numbed. Actually, it's kind of the same situation with Aleve. It takes away my cramps for awhile so that I can live my life and feel like myself again, but they come bak after a little bit.
So, really, pain can rarely be taken away in a one-step fix.
Except with God.
I mean, often the absence of something brings pain until we realize that the thing that was in our lives was causing long-term damage. It takes time to heal from that.
God is our fix. He takes away all pain. For Satan comes to "steal, kill, and destroy, but I [Jesus] have come that you may have life and life to the fullest." (John 10:10)
I'm not the most lucid right now, because unfortunately I'm in the stage where the Aleve is starting to kick in, but has not fully begun to take away the ache.... So this may not make any sense when I re-read it later.
Praise God this will be over sometime in the near future.
hope your cramps went away, dear :). and I love how you connect everything to God.. so refreshing.
ReplyDelete