Dear, sweet caffeine.
I miss you so much.
You make my brain wake up,
and my eyes stay open.
I'm all right without you.
But it's killing me that we're apart.
I wish I could bridge the gap between us,
but I can't! It's not my fault!
The doctor told me
That you were off-limits.
I have to listen to her.
But I love you.
And I always will.
We'll just have to be friends from a distance,
From now on.
I can't have caffeine anymore. I hate that. I love my caffeine. So. Stinkin. Much. I used to drink at least one cup of leaded coffee every day... And get a headache when I didn't drink it.... okay, so maybe I was a little addicted! Okay, maybe a lot addicted. And I sort of become a zombie when I don't have it. But, I have stomach issues that seem to stem from acid. And caffeinated coffee has much acid. So, doctor says I need to wean myself off of coffee.... gradually get independent from the caffeine. So, now I have to drink like half caffeinated and half decaf coffee. And eventually it'll have to be all decaf!
wahhhh. see, even my crying for caffeine is less energetic.
Anyways, I'll just have to find my stimulation in other areas of life.
Like Jesus. He's pretty neat.
I have to say that driving in the summer with the windows down and music up is one of my favorite simple pleasures of life. That and a hot cup of coffee on a winter morning... (STOP, Ashley! You're torturing yourself!) Back to driving.... I guess putting on my huge sunglasses, grabbing my huge purse (are you catching a theme here?) and getting in my little car... (okay, theme ended) rolling the windows down, and finding some happy tune to jam to and sing my heart out. People don't even give me weird looks! I might just avoid looking at them, because I don't want to see the weird looks...
I really love driving though. And I want my father to give me his car. I mean, he needs a new one. His is ten years old! and, it would save my mom a lot of time if she didn't have to drive me to school in the mornings... *sigh* maybe next year.
For now, I'll just enjoy borrowing their cars and leaving the radio station set on my favorites and my CD's in the player.
I'm glad it's summer.
you are such a good sport :) and i am hoping and praying the whole head ache thing is minimal and easy... i love you.
ReplyDelete