So, tomorrow morning, I will be participating in a class called Turbo Jam. We're going to jam, in a turbo fashion.
Basically, it's a workout class where they make the workout seem like it's kind of dancing to make you forget that you're working out And I'm ALL for forgetting about that! I wish we did that more in volleyball! Honestly, for me playing music makes any task 10 times more enjoyable. Well, most tasks. And I think that's because it gives you something more to enjoy while you do whatever you are doing, whether a pleasure task or a chore.
But, there is one activity I complete in silence. Well, relative silence. In the morning I wake up, convince myself that it's time to get up, go to the bathroom, and come back to bed. But not to sleep this time. I spend some time reading my Bible and devo book. It's hard to concentrate that early in the morning (well, okay, so it was 9:00) when my brain hasn't kicked into full gear yet. So, if I add the distraction of any noise I just lose it.
I have the tendency to allow my brain to go on little bunny trails in my head anyways. "I can do all this through him who gives me strength." Wow, people misuse that verse a lot. Paul's talking about being able to be content in whatever circumstance he's in, not being able to do whatever he wants with God's help. Content. I wish I was always content. I'm content when I finish a chocolate bar. mmmmm, chocolate. I love chocolate. Hey, I still have that chocolate that _________ gave me. I wonder if there's a way that I could eat that for breakfast? mmm, breakfast. wow, I'm hungry. I can't believe that _____ doesn't ever eat breakfast. What kind of nut is he? I bet he can't concentrate in school. School. *sigh* that starts in a month and a half. And volleyball starts in just a few weeks. I need to workout. I have to be in shape for volleyball. I don't want to die in the first week of practice. Practice. ah. That starts really early this year. I really hope I don't get completely burned out this year. And with my hard class schedule. And dangit, next year I'll be a captain. I'll get a star on my letter jacket. I wonder if I should get senior pictures taken in my letter jacket? I wonder if they could give me the star before I'm actually captain? then it would be in my pictures. Well, I mean, I don't want to flaunt that or be all narcissistic or anything but it would be neat. I hope that I can find a good photographer for my pics. I bet _______ would do a good job. Should I curl my hair?
and before you know it I've planned my entire senior year. When God really is the one who deserves my attention. And I need to hear what He telling me! what good is reading my Bible if I'm not analyzing and thinking about what I'm reading and figuring out how it applies to me? I might as well not read it if I'm going to do that. So, instead, I choose to concentrate. I force my mind back to where it was supposed to be and ask God to take away my attention deficit.
hahaha :-) I love this
ReplyDelete