You know how God tends to reveal things to you about yourself at times when you wouldn't think it likely? Well, this summer, God has been showing me that I need to use some more patience in my everyday life.
I get so intolerant of people in general and anything they do that's not on my time, or the way I would do it, or if they seem like they're trying to annoy me. And that's not really a very good way to show Christ's love to the world.
I think part of it has been my lack of caffeine making me slightly more crabby than usual. I hate it. I don't enjoy being crabby. But I also think that I'm just an impatient person. It's something I've been asking God to develop in me, and I think he's been using my job to do just that!
There is a 5 year old boy who goes to my daycare who likes to repeat himself and can't just spit out a complete sentence without fidgeting, or saying "um", and he won't look you in the eye. His voice is kind of nasally, and for some reason unknown and irrational, it annoys the heck out of me. He is ADORABLE, but I can't get past those little things. I have a tendency to want to interrupt him and tell him what he's trying to say. It's not a good thing to do, because at this stage in life, the way that people treat you influences how you view yourself in the future. Of course, when you grow up and mature you realize (like I mentioned in an earlier post) that with God in our lives, we are shaped by what our future holds (eternity with Jesus) rather than what our past has been. But I have to remember that God isn't finished with Little Man. He's a work in progress. And someday, he will be able to look someone in the eye and speak his thoughts clearly. And with the patience that God is developing in me, maybe I can help him.
I just need to remember that he's 5.
No comments:
Post a Comment