today has given me an overwhelming sense of loneliness. And I have spent most of it with people, which makes the feeling absurd. Maybe it's because the chick flick we saw reminded me that I'm single. But that's also absurd!
I know that I don't need any type of relationship right now, just friendships. I KNOW that. I decided to let God bring the right guy into my life on His terms rather than to seek him out myself. That doesn't work out for people most days.
And another reason it's absurd is because I have many people who love me. tons of friends. And JESUS! He loves me, and is enthralled with my beauty. He thinks I'm wonderful and thinks about me all the time. So why does that special part of my heart that only aches when I feel lonely... ache? It's a physical pain. I feel it eating me. But I don't know how to fight it. It makes me remember that I am single. And it feels permanent. It lies to me and tells me that I would be too much for anyone to handle even if they were interested. And it lies to me and tells me that I am alone in this. I know that I am not. Every girl has the ache inside of them to be loved honestly and truly, not in spite of who they are, but for the very things that make them who they are. They want to be protected, taken care of, hugged, loved, and they want to give that same thing back. I know I do.
Lord, fight the loneliness if my heart. Remind me that I am a pearl in your eyes. That I am valuable. That you have someone out there for me, and you will bring him into the picture when it's time. That I don't need control of my life. Fill me with your love, and take away the despondence and desire to wallow. Surprise me with joy. Show me your love.
coincidence.. totally talked about this today. and it is such a physical pain, and def agree. eats away our souls. and we are so beautiful... i love you ash. you have such enthralling thoughts(:
ReplyDelete