As you, the astute reader of this blog, can tell, I HATE running. I hate having to push forward when my knees, back, stomach, feet, and brain all say "STOP THIS MADNESS!"
I hate the heat, and feeling the sweat drip down my face, neck, arms, back.... and everywhere else.
I hate knowing that my face is beet red.
I hate not being able to draw a big enough breath through my nose and having to resort to panting and wheezing.
I hate the sideaches I get.
I hate thinking I'm further on my path than I really am then having to adjust my endurance level.
BUT I love getting home and knowing that I pushed through the whole thing and didn't stop to walk. I love knowing that I'm getting my money's worth for my new running shoes (they're so cool! they have reflectors! and are earthy tones) and feeling completely justified in eating whatever I want. (usually salad haha)
And it gives me an opportunity to trust God for my physical strength. I usually just trust Him with my emotional things and for healing from sickness. But, God wouldn't be much of a God if he couldn't get me through my mile and a half run, now would he? :)
Lord, help me. I'm going running.
I love you, and I love how you called me and hearing about your day(: and about your run... totally agree with all of this. hahaha. you're boooootiful!
ReplyDelete